We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
E. coli bacteria found: onion sausage is recalled
Franken-Gut Fleischwaren GmbH has started a product recall for onion sausage. E. coli bacteria were detected in the product. Among other things, the dangerous germs can cause severe gastrointestinal complaints. Some people may experience serious illnesses.
Pathogenic germs in onion sausage
Franken-Gut Fleischwaren GmbH is recalling the article "Zwiebelmettwurst". According to the information, only goods with the batch number 311 stamped on the clip are affected. "Verotoxin-forming E.coli (VTEC) were detected as part of a control," says a message from the company, which was published on the portal "lebensmittelwarnung.de" of the federal states and the Federal Office for Consumer Protection and Food Safety.
We advise against eating
According to the announcement, the onion sausage was in the period 08.11. - 17.11.2017 via the service counters at EDEKA, Marktkauf and Kupsch, sold exclusively in the federal states of Saxony, Thuringia, parts of Bavaria and adjacent areas of Baden-Württemberg and Hesse.
We strongly advise against eating. According to the meat product manufacturer, the goods have already been removed from the market.
"Customers who have bought the corresponding product can return it to their shops for a refund of the purchase price without presenting the receipt," the company writes.
Infection can be fatal
An EHEC disease usually manifests itself within a week after infection with symptoms such as fever, diarrhea, severe abdominal pain, nausea and vomiting.
"In particular, infants, toddlers, the elderly and people with a weakened immune system can develop more severe illnesses with bloody diarrhea," the message says.
And: "In 5-10% of the sick, especially in preschool children, a serious illness develops after the intestinal complaints (about a week after the onset of diarrhea)," reports the Bavarian State Office for Health and Food Safety (LGL). on his website.
According to the experts, the effects of the EHEC poisons can lead to anemia, vascular damage with blood clotting disorders and kidney dysfunction, the so-called hemolytic uraemic syndrome (HUS), which is fatal in 1-5% of children.
"People who have eaten this food and develop severe or persistent symptoms should seek medical help and point out a possible EHEC infection," warns the meat product manufacturer. (ad)